Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'M THANKFUL FOR

Sisters: Wendi, Jessica, Agata, Jolie Beth, Auvrey, Jeanise, Barbara, Shelley, Kim and many others
Josh, Mama and Daddy
my childhood, my grandparents, my education, my past
Modern travel, namely airplanes
Modern communication
Antique communication (letters from home)
Tears and the peace that resolves them
Clean rooms and dishes in the dishwasher
Turning a key and hearing an engine start
Samuel Beckett and Shakespeare
Dogs and cats
Singing in the car, singing in the shower, singing in church
Students, sweet souls who teach me as I attempt to teach them
Language
Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, and Jesus Christ Superstar
Jasmine Tea, Orange Tea, Green Tea
Bottles of water beside my bed
Clean sheets and soft pillows
Chocolate, cereal, milk and Campbell's tomato soup
Sunny windows
Soaking in hot water
Soft white towels, perfume and lotion
Hands on my shoulders, arms around my neck
Eyes that look into mine and see me
Deep breaths
Parties
Solitude
New days
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every purpose under heaven."
Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. We are thankful for you, too, Rachel.

    Josh and Agata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 AM

    I am thankful for you as well, Rachel. I love you.

    --Kim

    ReplyDelete